BVSD Community Use Terms
The following are the terms and provisions for obtaining a permit to use Boulder Valley School District facilities
See specific details for Buildings, Fields and Artificial Turf Fields/Stadiums below.
Please note: failure to comply with any of these terms or provisions may result in the cancellation of the permit and/or an assessment of appropriate charges.
- Groups must adhere to the start and finish times of their permits.
- Permits are non-transferrable.
- Spaces must be left clean.
- Smoking and vaping are prohibited in buildings and on Boulder Valley School District property. Use or possession of alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs is prohibited on BVSD property.
- Weapons of any kind are not allowed except by those authorized at the state and/or federal level to carry such weapons (i.e., police officers). Failure to comply will be dealt with by local law enforcement agencies.
- Solicitation is not permitted on school property. Solicitation is defined as any activity promoting, selling or advertising a product, service, membership or support of an organization or group. This includes leaving signage on school property.
- Literature may only be distributed to the attendees of events.
- All applicable fire and safety laws must be observed. Open flames are strictly prohibited indoors and outdoors. Exits and stairways must be kept free of obstructions. Equipment, decorations, or scenery must meet all fire codes.
- No animals are allowed on BVSD school property.
All groups must submit proof of liability insurance prior to receiving their permit. Boulder Valley School District must be listed as an “additional insured” on the certificate. If you are part of an organized group, the limits of liability are $1,000,000 per occurrence, $2,000,000 aggregate. If you are an individual, the limits of liability are $500,000 per occurrence, $1,000,000 aggregate. For further information, please contact the BVSD Community Use office at (720)561-5978.
The Boulder Valley School District shall not be held responsible for any damage or loss which may occur to non-school property brought on the premises. Such property must be removed from the facility immediately after the use.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, the user agrees to defend, pay on behalf of and hold harmless the Boulder Valley School District, its elected and appointed officials, employees and volunteers and others working on behalf of the Boulder Valley School District, against any and all claims, demands, suits, and losses including all costs connected therewith, for any damage which may be asserted, claimed or recovered against or from the Boulder Valley School District, its elected and appointed officials, employees, volunteers or others working on behalf of the Boulder Valley School District, by reason of personal injury, including bodily injury, death, and/or property damage, including loss of use thereof, which arises out of the alleged negligence of user and all persons present at the permitted activity who are in any way connected or associated with this permit.
The Boulder Valley School District reserves the right to cancel Community Use Permits should the space be needed for any school-related activities or district activities. This right will be used only when necessary due to unavoidable circumstances, and attempts will be made to offer alternative space. Full refunds will be given.
The organization, group or person holding the permit may cancel their permit. Cancellations must be made through the Community Use office at least ten (10) business days prior to the first date on the permit. Failure to follow this policy may result in the following cancellation fees.
A fee will be charged for any cancellation or change initiated by the renter as follows:
- If usage fee for cancelled space is less than $25, no refund will be issued.
- If usage fee for cancelled space is between $25-100, a $25 charge will be assessed.
- If usage fee for cancelled space is over $100, 25% of the cancelled amount will be charged.
- Building Monitor fees still apply if cancellation is received less than 48 hours from the start time of your rental.
No refunds will be given for poor weather conditions. Group may reschedule or carry a credit forward to future permits.
Community Use will adjust rental rates each year as of July 1.
BUILDING USE TERMS
- Building use is restricted to space listed on the permit, adjacent halls, and restrooms.
- If you fail to show up at the time stated on your permit, the monitor will wait only one hour on site before locking up. No refunds will be given.
- Spaces must be left clean, trash must be picked up, bagged and placed either in the dumpster or by the trash receptor. Spaces must be returned to their original configuration. Any additional tables, chairs or technical equipment provided by the school must be returned to their original location.
- Minors must be supervised by adults at all times. Minors are defined as persons under the age of eighteen (18).
- Food and/or drink are not permitted in gyms, classrooms or other school areas other than the cafeteria.
- Physical education equipment or supplies such as climbing ropes, mats, balls, nets, scoreboards, etc. are not to be used unless specifically contracted in writing with the school. Classroom supplies such as dry markers, paper, staplers, etc are to be supplied by the renter.
- Auditorium equipment (including lights and sound systems), unless specifically contracted in writing with the school, may not be used. These arrangements must be made in advance with the school, for a fee.
- Do not adjust moveable walls.
- Do not hang on basketball rims; no slam-dunking allowed. If damage does occur to a basketball rim, backboard or other equipment during your scheduled gym use, you will be billed for all replacement and/or repair costs.
- No tape allowed on the gym floor; use only clean and dry tennis shoes; no black-soled shoes.
- No tape allowed on auditorium floors.
- No temporary electrical, mechanical, or computer modifications allowed.
- Additional restrictions may be added to individual permits.
- Organization or the person responsible listed on the permit will be responsible for damage, vandalism to the premises or removal of items. Fees may be incurred.
FIELD USE TERMS
- Use must be limited to assigned area listed on permit.
- Usage is limited to no more than two teams (or 40 people) per field at any one time.
- Fields are not rented until school programs are over.
- Middle school fields will be available after 6:00 pm.
- Elementary school fields are generally available after 4:00 pm.
- High school fields are usually not available during the school year.
- Groups are responsible for field clean up at the end of their use. This includes water bottles, wrappers, etc. Trash must be packed up and removed from school grounds.
- Access to school restrooms must be pre-arranged with Community Use.
- No motorized vehicles, bicycles, scooters, skateboards or roller blades are allowed on the field.
- Groups may not alter the fields in any way (i.e., striping fields) without permission from the Assistant Principal or physical education teacher.
- Any equipment that needs to be secured to the ground has to be anchored with either water barrels or sand bags. Stakes/spikes are prohibited.
ARTIFICIAL TURF/STADIUM FIELD TERMS
- No motorized vehicles, bicycles, scooters, skateboards or roller blades are allowed on track or field.
- If the group provides their own goals, the goals must be free-standing, light weight, made of PVC or tubular material, and may not be dragged across the field. Quick goals with spikes or anchors of any kind are prohibited. Sand bags and cones are acceptable.
- No shoes with spikes are allowed on the track or field. Turf shoes may be used on the field.
- No food or drink (other than water ) allowed on the track or field.
- Groups are responsible for track and field clean up at the end of their use. All trash must be packed up and removed from school grounds.
- Absolutely no striping, tape, etc. allowed on the track or field.
- No chairs allowed on the track or field.
- A BVSD security monitor is required for use of the stadium at a cost to the renter.
- Access to school restrooms must be pre-arranged with Community Use.